Do you think your cousin who stays abroad is far away from you? Or do you want to get updates about your favourite celebrity but cannot? Undoubtedly, there is no such thing as out of reach today. There is no barrier between you and anyone sitting a thousand miles away. We have achieved global connectivity and accessible communication because of social media.
Apart from having personal advantages, social media is a dominant medium for professional help. LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook have all become treasure chests of knowledge and skills. The LinkedIn hiring Statistics state that 79% of usual job seekers and 84% of younger job seekers probably use social media in their job search to find a suitable job.
Use social media platforms like LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook to source potential candidates.
LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook are ideal for sourcing candidates because they make it easy for people to find out who you know and what everyone’s interests are. Through these platforms, you can analyse the candidates’ lives. You can talk to them about their work and interests, get a sense of their personality, and predict how they will operate in an interview.
People are obsessed with social media: it is where the best candidates are looking for jobs. You’ll be surprised at how much time this will save you in the future when it comes time to post an ad or hire someone new. The best way to do this is to leverage your existing network. You have a lot of contacts on social media that you can use. Build strong networks as you engage with your circle on these platforms. You need to find the right people—and that can be hard, especially if you are unfamiliar with social media.
While it is difficult to get through all the noise on LinkedIn and other platforms, there are plenty of great opportunities to help you find the top talent.
Here are some tips for finding those opportunities:
- Create a profile for your company on social platforms- Having a profile on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and LinkedIn for your company is the first step towards getting the best talent for your business.
- Make sure your company page has a clear message- The message should be about what kind of person you are looking for—a specific skill set or experience level that matches your needs.
- Make sure people who follow you on social media are well acquainted- People who follow you should be aware of any upcoming job openings. Post an announcement about it every few days or weeks until there is an opening to keep people interested and make them follow along for more information.
- Post job openings accordingly on these platforms and encourage candidates to apply.
Receive feedback through Social Media
Social media makes it simple for people to give you feedback on your hiring process. If your company has been active on any platform, then candidates will have been able to tag you in posts highlighting their favourite parts of working there—and they will have been able to leave some constructive criticism as well. It will help you identify potential problems before they become issues, which means less turnover.
Benefits of social media in your HR processes
- Social media allows you to connect with people in real-time, which means you can find out exactly what they want and how they want it and communicate efficiently.
- It gives you access to a wide range of candidates than other job sites do because it reaches everyone who uses it (and everyone who doesn’t!).
- It gives you more information about potential employees than any other source because it’s all public! You can evaluate candidates and decide whom to hire.
- You can also use this tool to build a strong relationship with your current employees so that when you need top candidates, they are more likely to be open and willing to work with you.
- It helps you reach out to applicants who might not otherwise apply directly—like students who need extra credit to graduate or people looking for part-time jobs while working on another career path.
Everything stated above means that using social media as a recruiting tool can save money on hiring new employees by allowing you to identify talent without wasting time on interviews—and that’s just one more reason social media is worth it!
Recruiters have named LinkedIn and Facebook the most popular job sites in recent years- as they allow you to search through thousands of candidate profiles, discover their skills and experience, and connect with them directly.
What do we have in store for you?
If there’s one thing we know about hiring via social media, it’s that it takes time and energy—and that’s why we’ve developed our software- EdJobster, to make sure you’re investing your time and effort in the right place. We’ll help you with everything from looking for candidates to screening applications, assessing their qualifications, and scheduling interviews until you find the perfect one!
So what are you waiting for?
Register on EdJobster today to use social media to find the best candidates for your next job! Book a free live demo here.